Careers in Jewellery
Careers in the jewellery industry are varied and multifaceted. Whether you have an interest in customer service, jewellery design, valuations, diamond grading marketing and social media or retail management, there are career paths available to you at Rivoli.
Rivoli is committed to providing staff with access to the best courses available within the industry and is frequently enrolling team members in training from The National Association of Jewellers, Gemmological Association (Gem-A) as well as brand and product specific courses. Many of these associations provide professional qualifications which are recognised nationally and globally.
Current Vacancies at Rivoli
Job Title: Sales Consultant (5 Years Required)
Responsible to: Store Manager
Hours per week: 37.75
Hours of work: Monday – Saturday (day off during the week) 8.45 – 17.30
Job Purpose: To engage with customers, provide excellent, professional customer service and to provide product information to enable the customer to make an informed choice.
- To acknowledge all customers who enter the store
- Provide a friendly service
- To advise customers on product ranges, prices, availability of stock and liaise with manufacturers and suppliers where necessary.
- Take in customer repairs and keep the customer informed of its progress.
- To be familiar with our customer order and exchange policy so that customers can be advised when necessary.
- To be aware of current promotions taking place in the store so that these offers can be communicated to our customers
- To have a comprehensive knowledge of our product range within the jewellers
- To keep up to date with all new products and ranges
- To use effective questioning techniques to identify Customer’s needs and requirements in order to select the appropriate item(s)
- Be able to maximise sales opportunities through link selling
- To present a professional image when using the till and processing sales and carry out all till functions competently
- To smile and thank customers for shopping with Rivoli Jewellers.
Merchandising and Housekeeping
- Assist with merchandising and presentation
- Maintain a clean, tidy and well-maintained store
Motivation / Commitment / Flexibility
- To remain self-motivated and to be able to work without supervision
- To be committed to learn and develop your job and product knowledge throughout your employment with Rivoli
- Undertake training where appropriate.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- A passion for retail, who can offer an excellent level of customer service
- Be able to respond empathetically and intuitively with the customers’ needs
- Be well-rounded as possible, adaptable to new requirements and able to be both operationally and customer-minded
- To be able to work on an individual basis and as part of a team
- Uses own initiative and seeks out opportunities to learn and develop
- Maintain a good standard of appearance
- Ideally to hold previous experience in retail, however full training will be provided
- Experience in jewellery or watch sales would be advantageous.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please send a CV and covering email to email@example.com for the attention of David Speed, Manager.
5 years’ residency is required for this position.
Due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.